3.15.2011

party pooper

Dear Girls,
Your birthdays are two and three months away, respectively.
I have been planning your parties for the past month.
I know, I know. It sounds like I have no life, right? In between school, training for a triathlon and being your mom I don't know how I dare try to take on more stuff, but I am. I have to! You two are the most special kids on the planet and I insist that your birthdays be celebrated in style.
Here are a few of the birthday highlights so far (Av's first, second and third bdays. Sorry Carty, you haven't had one yet!):As you can see, they have become increasingly ridiculous and fun and that is the way I like my birthday parties. This year I plan to outdo myself quite spectacularly. The theme of Avery's party is going to be (sound the trumpets!)... Spring Green! Your FAVORITE color is green right now, Avey, and everyone knows it. Seriously, everyone. You will stop the mailman, bishop, cashier... you name it, they know your favorite color. You color all of your pictures at preschool and nursery with green. And only green. You are in love.
*Funny story- How Green Became Your Favorite Color. You are a very girly girl. You have always loved to play dress up and the color pink. One day last summer, though, we went to your cousin's house and Elle and Ava and their friends were in the front yard taking a survey. They ran up to you when you got out of the car and asked what your favorite color was. The options were: GREEN. NOT GREEN. By the time we came back a couple of hours later your were converted. You have been a lover of green ever since.
I think this party will be perfect for you because right now you are DYING for Spring and Summer. Every time we have a nice day you cheer for the sun. Every time we wake up to snow (which is way too frequently) you literally yell, "NO MORE SNOW!!! I WANT SPRING!!!" And I smile. We both have been wearing flip flops a lot lately, though it is way too cold to do so. We're protesting. We want Spring!So far I have some green stripey straws, green butterfly nets and green invitations for your party. Don't worry, though. I have much, much more planned.
Carter, after agonizing over your birthday theme I have finally decided that it is going to be CARTERMANIA!!! It's a Beatles-themed first birthday that I read about here and just had to copy. Grandpa Clark is going to flip out! We are having your party while we are at the beach with the entire Wyand side of the family and I cannot wait!! I am so excited to throw you such a cool party!I hope when you look back you don't think I'm a total nerd for getting so into this. I just think you both are worth celebrating, that's all.
Love,
Mom

No comments: